Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Problem Solver

Madelyn LOVES to climb. She'll attempt to climb anything and everything, but she especially loves to climb onto Kylie's bed. I've removed the cute stool that Mike made for Kylie's room because that was all Madelyn needed to climb triumphantly atop her big sister's bed. This morning I watched Madelyn walk out of the bathroom carrying the stool Kylie uses to get up to the toilet. She carried it over to Kylie's bed, set it down, and climbed on top of it in order to get on the bed. She then saw me and began to squeal & clap. She was SO proud of herself! I was so impressed that as an almost one-year old she knew what she wanted and found a way to get it. I hope she will always dream big and work persistently to make those dreams a reality for herself. I've seen the seeds of persistence & resourcefulness in her. Go get 'em Madelyn!

No comments: